Hemp Heart Granola Recipe
We all love a little something crunchy now and again, but have you ever stopped to think about exactly what you’re crunching on?
If you’re only eating crisp veggies, like carrots or celery sticks, then you’re getting some good nutrition with your crunch, but not much else. But at least you’re being healthy; go you!
But what if you could add make that little crunch something turn into pretty much a powerhouse? What if you could maybe even make your body better, with just one little crunchy snack?
With this hemp heart granola, you can!
Why we’re humming about hemp heart granola
Do you know about hemp hearts, those magical little seeds of powerful nutrition? Let’s get you acquainted.
First off, hemp hearts are hulled hemp seeds, and they pack a serious punch when it comes to nutritional benefits.
In the first place, hemp hearts are a clean food, which means they’re herbicide- and pesticide-free, and they actually help renew the soil they’re grown in. How’s that for a superpower?! If that weren’t enough, it turns out they might be one of the most perfectly designed foods nature ever made.
Hemp hearts offer up all 20 amino acids that your body uses, including the 9 essential amino acids. These essential ones are those that your body absolutely must have but cannot make on its own.
Another superpower these hemp hearts have is the ideal omega fatty acid ratio, of 3:1 (omega-6 to omega-3). This means your body is getting exactly what it needs, in exactly the right amounts!
Hemp is one of the few foods out there to be so well-balanced, and offer improvement in your body such as:
- Decreased inflammation (may help relieve chronic illness, autoimmune disorders, and PMS symptoms)
- Protection for muscles, joints, brain cells, and neurons
- May protect against heart problems and cardiovascular disease
- Boost your immune system
- Improved digestion
- Better skin and hair
- Improved mood/mental health (when your body feels good, you feel good!)
As you can see, this isn’t just your average grain-based granola.
When you mix together the power of hemp hearts with the fiber and heart health-boosting nutrition from rolled oats, the flavor of coconut, and the immune-boosting power of raw honey, you’re getting something that’s as good for you as it is delicious (if not more)!
Hemp Heart Granola Recipe
- 6 cups rolled oats (can use gluten free oats to make gluten free)
- 1 ½ cups Humming Hemp hemp hearts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 cups chopped nuts
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup raw USA honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In small bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients, mix thoroughly.
- Spread evenly onto two cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 6 minutes.
- Stir one last time and bake for a final 6 minutes.
- Take granola out of the oven, cool completely and enjoy!
- We adore raw USA honey (which is why we use it in every hummingbar we make!), for its natural antimicrobial properties, amazing sweet taste, and clean nature! We always recommend grabbing yours from Humble Honey, our favorite!
- While it will obviously alter the taste, you can easily make this recipe even more heart-healthy by removing the salt. Perfect for those who need a low-salt diet!
Looking for even more hemp heart recipes?
Check out the recipes below for even more ways to add hemp hearts to your daily diet, and start giving your body the boost it deserves!
- Hemp Heart Recipes
- Spring Hemp Hearts Recipes
- 5 Fun Ways To Eat Hemp Hearts
- Hemp Heart Energy Protein Balls
- Healthy & Convenient Hemp Snacks
- Healthy Hemp Office Snacks
- Keto-Friendly Overnight Hemp Oats
Stock your pantry with the snacking staple you’ll thank yourself for later by shopping on our website, on Amazon, or by finding them in a grocery store near you!
Loving what you’re crunching on? Tag us on Instagram @humminghemp or with #humminghemp and let us see what you’re pairing your hemp heart granola with!